Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Galentine's Day!!!

What's Galentine's Day?



What Galentine's Day Means to Me


I've been making Galentine's mixes for a few years now. Most of the time, it's just a chance for me to share songs that I enjoyed from the previous year. I never, really, have a theme in mind.

This year, I thought that I would switch it up a bit. What does Galentine's mean to me? Galentine's Day is an opportunity to celebrate lady friendships. It's a chance to really reflect on the importance of friends. The songs that I chose for my mix this year vary greatly; some songs celebrate the carefree fun of friendship and lady empowerment, while others represent the love and support that friends have for one another.

I asked some of you to help me create this list of songs, because, like any good relationship, it is a collaborative effort. It was very interesting to see the diversity of songs given to me, as well as the fact that some songs were suggested multiple times. I would like to say that I was surprised by some of the combination of artists on this list, but, quite frankly, it's not my most eccentric mix to date. :)

I hope you enjoy it! Think of this Galentine's Day mix as a long-distance hug, a "thank you," and a reminder that I love you always!

Galentine's 2015 Mix





Playlist

  1. "Thank You for being a Friend" (Golden Girls theme song) - Cynthia Fee
  2. "You’re My Best Friend" - Queen
  3. "Where You Lead I Will Follow" (Gilmore Girls theme song) -  Carole King & Louise Goffin
  4. "I’ll Stand by You" - The Pretenders
  5. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - Cyndi Lauper
  6. "I’ll Be There For You" (FRIENDS theme song) - The Rembrandts
  7. "Wannabe" - Spice Girls
  8. "Run the World (Girls)" - Beyonce
  9. "Bo$$" - Fifth Harmony
  10. "Bad Girls" - M.I.A.
  11. "With a Little Help from my Friends" - Joe Cocker
  12. "Umbrella" (acoustic) - Marie Digby
  13. "Lean on Me" - Bill Withers
  14. "That’s What Friends are for" - Dionne Warwick w/ Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, & Elton John
  15. "You’ve Got a Friend" - Carole King
  16. "Girl on Fire" - Alicia Keys
  17. "Salute" - Little Mix
  18. "Can’t Hold Us Down" - Christina Aguilera ft. Lil Kim
  19. "Independent Women" - Destiny's Child
  20. "My Best Friend" - Weezer
  21. "Kind and Generous" - Natalie Merchant
  22. "Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler 
  23. "Thank You" - Dido
  24. "Dancing Queen" - ABBA

No comments:

Post a Comment